Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Conduct reliability and safety analyses of existing as well as new system implementations;
- Development of safety and reliability plan documents, reliability/system safety assessments, proposal estimating, and derivation of reliability guarantees;
- Examine a system’s design to evaluate hazards and assess risks and ensure the system architecture could meet the assigned probabilities for each hazard;
- Coordinate closely with subsystem design personnel (software and hardware, internal and customer) in order to understand system requirements and operation including identifying and understanding system hazards and how to decompose hazard responsibility and associated hazard mitigation to the applicable subsystems;
- Coordinate with test developers to ensure that tests adequately address the safety critical aspects of the design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a reliability, systems safety , or hardware design engineer role heavily focused in FMEA;
- Strong background in Reliability Predictions, Electrical Stress and Derating Analysis, Functional Hazard Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis and Probabilistic Risk Assessment, Common Mode Analysis, etc.;
- Understanding of potential failure modes/mechanisms, failure detection and response, methods of fault annunciation, fault containment, software certification techniques and fault recovery;
- Familiarity and working knowledge of common aerospace industry safety specifications would be an asset;
- Experience using reliability/safety analysis tools;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.