Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Understand the customer’s needs and thorough life cycle concerns whatever the used means (e.g. advanced studies, simulations, mock-ups, models, prototypes, etc.);
- Contribute to the formalization of function description, architectural & algorithms design and the refinement of functional and non-functional requirements;
- Design, code, debug, write test procedures and test software code, chair design reviews;
- Review code, test procedures and test results;
- Analyze and implement correction for defect reports;
- Participate in starter meetings to discuss issues and provide recommendations for solving issues;
- Contribute in co-engineering activities with various teams in order to ensure system-software consistency and the right refinement of software components and compliance with the software architecture;
- Solves tasks in the best technical and timely manner;
- Looks for opportunities and make suggestions for company improvements.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer, Software, Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing real-time embedded software systems using C programming language in a Linux environment;
- Experience using scripting languages such as Python, Perl and Ruby;
- Experience with source control tools such as Git, ClearCase, and etc.;
- Experience in developing embedded software for mission critical/near real-time systems is an asset;
- Knowledge of database concepts is an asset;
- Knowledge of software development processes and environment (Microsoft Visual Studio, desktop simulator, target simulator, etc.);
- Familiar with agile work environments, test-driven development and continuous integration;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.