Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Create and manage hardware requirements;
- Design hardware systems according to requirements, within budget, cost, and schedule;
- Provide comprehensive documentation of the design;
- Provide the evidence that the design meets the requirements;
- Ensure the safety, reliability, availability, and maintainability of the hardware products;
- Ensure that the hardware complies with the railway standards;
- Prepare specifications for hardware or software components or devices;
- Participates in the integration and debugging activities;
- Support bids by defining technical solutions and the materials list.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent;
- Experience in designing, installation, and testing of complex equipment including excellent analog design skills;
- Experience working with sensors for speed, position, acceleration;
- Excellent hardware and systems debugging skills;
- Proven prototyping and hardware/software integration skills
- Experience with vital or safety-critical systems;
- Familiarity with the mainstream serial buses;
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail and good organizational and multitasking skills are a must;
- Understanding of the railway standards (or similar ones from other industry) for hardware equipment and understanding of the train interfaces and train operations is an asset;
- Comprehensive system level knowledge communication based train control is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.