Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security;
- Install and configure new SQL Servers 2016, 2014;
- Manage Always On, Backups, Disaster Recovery Environment, Replication and Azure connectivity;
- Assist developers with complex query tuning, schema refinement and stress tests;
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science;
- 7+ years Microsoft SQL Server Administration;
- Business Analysis or equivalent technical experience is required;
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models;
- Experience working with Windows servers, including Active Directory, SSRS, SSIS packages and SSAS;
- Experience with MS Azure;
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server;
- Microsoft SQL Server Certification is an asset;
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously;
- Organized, methodical with rigorous work approach;
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment using Agile methodologies;
- Fluent in English;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.