Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Design and draft electrical and electronic systems using CAD tools;
- Ensure drawings are produced in accordance with applicable drafting codes and standards;
- Translate engineering sketches and mark-ups into properly documented drawings;
- Draft Electrical block diagrams, schematics, cable assemblies, etc. to be compliant with task technical requirements;
- Select and supervise subcontractors for the manufacture of electrical assemblies;
- Issue RFP’s and review responses for compliance to technical requirements;
- Create Technical Product Specifications to describe selected systems;
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of electrical/electronic systems;
- Work with manufacturing partners to introduce designs into production and solve related manufacturing issues;
- Diagnose problems with existing designs, propose and test design modifications;
- Assist the Lead Engineer and/or Project Manager during design reviews;
- Maintain currency of Electrical/Electronic design best practices, methodologies, initiatives;
- Assist with technical proposals as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Electrical or Electronic Engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical design and drawing creation;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with cable management and manufacturing, interconnection, as well as design process ownership;
- Experience with CAD tools such as Solidwork Electrical, Solidworks Mechanical, AutoCAD, or similar CAD tools;
- Demonstrated experience using a PLM tool during the design and Change Management process is an asset;
- Familiarity with International Electro technical Commission (IEC) design standards applicable to marine applications is an asset;
- Experience in the aerospace or naval manufacturing industry is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.