Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Converts Customer (internal and/or external) requirements into conceptual designs and prepares associated documentation by performing operational analyses, simulations and technical trade-off studies evaluating alternative design configurations and functional features;
- Create new concepts or modify existing concepts to fulfill customer requirements;
- Prepare software requirement specifications by analyzing and decomposing modelling;
- Perform activities including trade-off analysis, design justification, timing analysis, problem description reports and technical defect correction recommendations;
- Leading technical discussions, technical solution presentation to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in developing software requirements specification and sub-systems development;
- Experience working on safety-critical projects preferably in automatic railway controls and signaling;
- Good understanding of UML concepts and understanding of Capella’s ecosystem;
- Advanced knowledge of Eclipse Modelling Framework (EMF) and its relevant technologies;
- Good programming skills and advanced knowledge of object-oriented design in Java;
- Good familiarity with Graphical Modelling Framework (GMF) is an asset;
- Experience with Change control management system and related tools such as ClearQuest/ClearCase;
- Knowledge of agile methodology and Jira;
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, methods, and tools;
- Strong knowledge of systems development life cycle;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.