Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Capable of understanding customer requirements and converting them into system design technical (functional/non-functional) artifacts such as operational scenarios, high-level analysis/detailed requirements specifications and interface documents;
- Performing system analysis, modeling and simulation to specify the system performance and verify the system meets the customer requirements;
- Development, implementation and maintenance of relevant tools whether procured or internally developed;
- Performs technical/engineering tasks to define system design and subsystem requirements using DOORS;
- Prepares specialized signaling design skills, covering one or more of the following: signaling principles, block design, interlocking control tables, safe braking model, performance analysis and headway simulations, and application database design;
- Prepares specialized network design skills, covering one or more of the following:
- Communication network requirements;
- Communication network design (both wired and wireless);
- Communication network configuration (both wired and wireless);
- Communication network analysis on various perspectives, such as reliability, security, scalability, maintainability etc.
- Interface and build strong working relationships with various engineering groups to ensure timely analysis and resolution of in-house and field test issue.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ of systems design experience;
- Experience with systems requirements specification using DOORS;
- Experience working on safety-critical projects preferably in automatic railway controls and signaling;
- Experience in participating on PDR, CDR, and writing interface documents;
- Experience with ClearCase and ClearQuest or change control management system;
- Experience with performing trade-off analysis, design justification, timing analysis, writing problem description reports, and providing technical defects’ correction recommendations;
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering principles and practices;
- Strong knowledge of systems development life cycle;
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, methods, and tools;
- Experience with systems modelling and using tools such as MATLAB and Simulink is an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.