- Understands and follows the company’s processes and procedures for developing vital software
- Implements real time systems in C,
- Designs, codes, debugs, write test procedures and tests software code.
- Reviews code, test procedures and test results
- Analyses and implements correction for defect
- Perform engineering testing in the field and investigates problems in the field.
- Provides input for cost estimates.
- B. Sc., in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science for equivalent
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience – or equivalent
- Knowledge of software development environment (desktop simulator, target simulator, cross-compilation, etc)
- Working knowledge of modern software engineering practices, methods and tools
- Development experience in C, ADA for real-time applications
- Unix/Linux application development, including working knowledge of the POSIX API, shell scripting
- Unix/Linux networking / network utilities knolwedge (nfs, tftp, dhcp, etc.)
- Windows CE application development
- Windows XP user knowledge
- Vectorcast, Automated testing, Clearcase UCM, GIT, Jenkins, Sonar user knowledge
- Assembler programming skills
- Knowledgeable of object oriented techniques, multithreading, socket programming,
- Good command of C++ language
- Scripting languages are an asset (Perl, Python)
- Experience in developing and/or debugging low-level driver software is an asset