Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Understands and follows the company’s processes and procedures for developing mission critical software;
- Able to quickly integrate with the team and work independently;
- Implements near real time systems in C++;
- Designs, codes, debugs, write test procedures and tests software code;
- Reviews code, test procedures and test results;
- Analyses and implements correction for defect reports;
- Perform engineering testing in the field and investigates problems in the field;
- Provides some input for cost estimates;
- Perform other software development tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent;
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience in software development including design and test;
- Very good experience of C++ language including templates, STL, Boost, MFC usage;
- Very good experience using C# and WPF;
- Good command of the scripting languages Perl and Ruby;
- Knowledgeable of object oriented techniques, multithreading, socket programming, Windows;
- Good analysis skills, able to diagnose issues based on field logs and correlate events to failures;
- Able to handle assignments within a medium to large scale software application;
- Knowledgeable of the software development process;
- Knowledge of software development environment (Microsoft Visual Studio, desktop simulator, target simulator, etc.);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.