Aversan Inc. (www.aversan.com) is a reputable engineering consulting firm that provides highly qualified talent and expertise to its clients in Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Rail, and Health care industries. We are currently seeking multiple Mid-Senior level Systems Requirements Engineer to work on leading edge technology products. The successful candidates for this full-time position will be a part of highly motivated and highly technical work environment that feeds off the collective energy of a team-oriented workplace.
The successful candidate will lead the architecture and requirements development/decomposition for systems and subsystems related to Active Safety and Autonomous driving. They will develop deep knowledge related to their subsystem and be considered the technical expert for system design and performance. The utilization of ‘systems level thinking’ will be key in this role.
- Prepare the architecture and requirements development/decomposition for subsystems;
- Create high level as well as subsystem requirements for new functionalities/systems, including hardware and software requirements;
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing and comprehending software and hardware requirements and interfaces using DOORS;
- Support Reliability team during the FMEA analysis/design and perform root cause analysis of various technical functional issues;
- Cumulative travel of 2-4 weeks a year to the US is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer, or Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in preparing system & subsystem requirement specifications, interface requirements and test requirement documents by analyzing, decomposing, modelling, and refining customer requirements and typical train control domain requirements;
- Experience using IBM DOORS for requirements development/decomposition;
- Experience in performing system and component level DFMEAs;
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical mechanisms;
- Demonstrated ability to solve unusual and difficult problems and have system design level thinking;
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and conducting highly integrated reviews discussing possible system solutions/features with cross-functional teams;
- DFSS Blackbelt certification is an asset;
- Familiar with the design and development of safety critical systems such as ISO26262 preferred;
- Familiarity with automotive or similar electronic modules and/or systems preferred;
- Qualified candidates will have an established “Design Thinking” methodology in their day-to-day SE practice;
- Qualified candidates are adapt with agile and less structured teams & environments;
- Eagerness to learn, exploring new approaches and latest technologies, working with an R&D mentality, and contributing to an innovative environment is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.