- Perform and support design engineering activities in the design & verification of aerospace temperature, flow and pressure sensors that are used in integrated electronic controls for commercial airliners, military fighter aircrafts, transport aircrafts and helicopters.
- Design activities include preliminary and detailed design tasks such as requirements analysis and specification, prototype development and testing, thermal and stress analysis, failure investigation and analysis, product verification and support to manufacturing and report preparation of above assigned tasks.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent;
- 5 years’ experience in sensor design including performing thermal and mechanical stress analysis;
- Knowledge of 3D Mechanical design and experience with GD&T;
- Familiarity with IEC 751,2, EIA RS-275 specifications for temperature measurement devices;
- Experience with test apparatus and test methodology used in functional performance verification is an asset;
- Experience with flow measurement and flow test instrumentation is an asset;
- Aptitude for mechanical design, particularly with knowledge of aerospace environmental requirement specifications, including MIL specs for connectors, threads and fittings is an asset;
- Proficiency with statistical DOE, Measurement System Evaluation and other Design for 6 Sigma tools is an asset;
- Understanding of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action (RCCA) and Failure Modes & Effects Analyses is an asset;
- Experience with ProEngineer, MATLAB, or other similar system tools is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.