Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Perform software architecture design and manage implementation for systems development according to industry standards while providing expertise in the full-stack software development life-cycle, from concept and design through testing;
- Define software architectures based on analyzed requirements, which includes evaluation, selection, and integration of all necessary technical components;
- Ability to bridge across multiple disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical and Software) to make appropriate system-level design trade-offs;
- Design solutions that conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability, and security across multiple domain areas;
- Provide input to tools and environment selection while understanding and planning for evolutionary paths and new technology insertion;
- Work as a technical mentor to deliver necessary training and guidance to the team;
- Work hands-on when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a software architect;
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience in software development;
- Experience with the development of automotive or safety critical systems;
- Expertise in C/C++/C#/web-languages;
- Experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) design and/or model-driven development;
- Experience with Agile development processes;
- Strong technical background in system architecture and design, ideally with significant experience in overall solution architecture (including but not limited to design of networks, databases, interfaces, and infrastructure);
- Software development experience in a variety of OS environments (RTOS, desktop, web, embedded, Windows, Linux);
- Proven ability to develop technical solutions within budget and schedule constraints;
- Experience working the full lifecycle of a project from bidding and requirements definition, through design, build, qualification, and support of fielded products;
- Knowledge of SDLC documentation deliverables for ISO-26262 and SAE-J3061 or experience with industry and military standards relevant to military vehicle design is preferred;
- Ability to travel (5% Cdn) and (5% US & Int'l) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport;
- Must be able to work in Canada and obtain CGP (Controlled Goods Program);
- Clearance and be eligible for access to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) controlled data/hardware. The incumbent must have or be able to obtain and maintain Secret Level clearance;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.