Embedded Software Engineer
Aversan Inc. (www.aversan.com) is a reputable Engineering Company that provides expertise in the Aerospace and Defense industry. We are currently seeking a qualified Embedded Software Engineer to work on leading edge technology products. The successful candidate for this full-time position will be a part of highly motivated and highly technical work environment that feeds off the collective energy of a team-oriented workplace.
Location: Mississauga, ON.
Job Type: Full-time
- Design, develop, debug, and maintain embedded software in accordance with various standards;
- Review and analyze the system requirements;
- Develop and maintain software requirements based on system specifications;
- Design, implement, and execute embedded software test cases;
- Review defect reports and troubleshoot hardware and software integration issues;
- Attend daily/weekly team meetings to ensure that the project goals/milestones are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent;
- At least 2 years of experience in real-time embedded software development;
- Programming proficiency in embedded C and/or Assembler;
- Experience in using software development tools such as compilers, debuggers, real-time operating systems (RTOS), and logic analyzers;
- Excellent knowledge of data transmission/communication protocols (TCP/IP, Ethernet, ARINC 429, RS422, Canbus, USB, RS232, etc);
- Familiarity with scripting languages would be an asset (Python, Perl, XML);
- Able to work as a team with systems, hardware and software engineers;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.