Aversan Inc. is a multi-service engineering firm specializing in design, build, testing, certification, and support services for embedded flight and rail systems & software, health technology, and advanced IT.
- Overall technical coordination of design and development activities within the engineering functions to ensure that all customer requirements are addressed;
- Management of the program plan including scope, schedule, cost, technical, resource and risk management;
- Establish and maintain detailed technical plans, estimates, and schedules;
- Management the product definition process from requirements definition through design development, validation & verification, and introduction to production, using the IPDS methodology;
- Program tracking and reporting (non-recurring and hardware cost, schedule, and milestone accomplishments), using Project scheduling, reporting, and financial management tools;
- Focal point with all internal departments including Integrated Supply Chain, Quality, Contracts, etc.;
- Manage customer and supplier technical interaction;
- Leadership of customer design reviews, technical co-ordination meetings and in-house IPDS Engineering inputs with support from appropriate functional groups as required;
- Support proposal preparation and support change management including scope, schedule, cost, technical, resources and risk assessment as well as program change requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 8 years engineering experience in an Aerospace/Defense/Development environment leading multi-disciplinary teams with preferably minimum 5 years of direct project engineering experience;
- Experience in product development of electronic control from design through production in a software and systems environment;
- Experience with program management including project planning, change management, earned value reporting, and experience with computer-based scheduling and reporting tools such as MS Project;
- Experience and/or with recognition for effective closure of technical and program issues;
- Knowledge and experience in an Aerospace electronics and controls technologies, specifications, and component characteristics;
- Knowledge and experience with software development process and DO-178B;
- Environment Control Systems knowledge and PEO eligibility is an asset;
- Discipline in defining and meeting customer and project requirements/objectives;
- Strong problem-solving skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and strategic planning in a team environment;
- A self-motivated individual that excels in a challenging and fast-paced environment;
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills.